In A New York Minute

An old fried whom I recently got back in touch with sagely noted that life is full of many New York minutes over the span of 20 years, and I have to say I agree. Things have been fairly calm for a while for us, but the ebb and flow of the universe has caught up with us I guess and this crumbling economy has come to visit our home. Joe was laid off yesterday.

We knew it was a possibility, but had remained optimistic and were going forward with seeking to upgrade our home to a newer one in a nicer neighborhood. That probably won't be happening now, unless something turns around quickly, which seems unlikely with the way the world is going. We know so many people getting laid off, its scary. And Texas is supposed to be one of the more stable areas of the country. In any case, Joe had been with the company the least amount of time of anyone in his department and as such did not survive the first round of lay offs. The phrase "Pray without ceasing" keeps coming to me and I find myself doing just that. It is amazing how life just changes on a dime. Nothing feels the same today.

Comments

Popular Posts