Thursday, August 30, 2007

Renovations update






Wow, its all hurry up and wait for months, then suddenly its pretty much done! The contractor just has to return to place the transition peices and fix a few of the base boards that were put in a little shabbily. Then the floor project is finished! The pics posted are a few before and afters. Joe and I celebrated with a good bottle of wine, steak on the grill and sitting around staring at the floor all evening, practicing coming back in and "surprising" ourselves with the new look and goofy stuff like that. We are just giddy! The tile in the kitchen is laid, though hard to see in the pics. Its gorgeous. The contrator tried to talk me out of laying it at a 45 degree angle, but I stuck to my guns and am so very glad I did. It breaks up the "boxy" look of the cooking area and draws the eye outward, giving a feeling of more space. Joe and I are so glad we did this!