Team Joseph Update!!

Well, the time draws near now! The T-shirts for Team Joseph arrived today and look fantastic, done in blue, Joseph's favorite color. They have a playful picture of Joseph's smiling face on the front with the words Team Joseph and the dates of his birth and of his death.


Stewart and I continue to be so spiritually fed and overwhelmed by the generosity of people who have been touched by Joseph's story. At this hour we have a little over $3300 that we have raised, and Team Joseph remains the top fundraiser for the 5K. I set a goal of $5000, almost on a whim, and said in my heart "Joseph, this is seriously up to you. If you want this to happen, YOU have to do it, because honestly between school, work, your brothers and my grief, I don't have it in me!".


And that is exactly what seems to have happened here. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for letting me know Joseph speaks to yours.


The race is the day after tomorrow and Hurricane Ike is threatening to make it a very ugly day for us. Please say a little prayer that the weather will hold. If you have intended to donate but have not gotten to it yet, here is the link. We don't have much time and we are SO. CLOSE. to our goal. If you would help us reach it, I would be so grateful. This has been such a healing endeavor to our family, feeling like we have given something back and feeling Joseph still living on. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.


Here is the link:


http://www. active. com/donate/heroesforchildren/SMorris440

Comments

Popular Posts